Sunday, May 20, 2007

Down to the Nitty Critty

Just returned from a Novel Revision Retreat at Skyline Drive in the lovely Shenandoah mountains. The theme was "Warts and All," and each participant was asked to bring a trouble spot from her manuscript for critique and suggestions.

The retreat was fantastic ... 15 writers, all with a lot of talent, all with great insights into each other's work. Bloomsbury Editor Julie Romeis joined us as our guest speaker and participated in the critiques.

My only regret? That I forgot a camera. I so wish I could post the view I had from my room ... a breathtaking vista of the valley! You can check out the resort here ... it's a terrific place to get away from it all ... to write or just to be.

With Julie's permission, I plan to share some of my notes from her presentations over the next couple of days ... my brain is shot tonight, in case you can't tell ... so please stop back and see what Julie had to say about hooking your reader, the revision process, establishing voice and more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds fantastic.

LindaBudz said...

It was! We did a lot of work, but we had a great time!