Jay Asher of The Disco Mermaids has tagged me for my blog’s first ever meme! The ground rules:
Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
Coming up with eight things was harder than I expected. And I’m not even sure I know eight people, so the tagging part won’t exactly be a cakewalk either.
Anyway, here goes ... very random:
1. A swarm of wasps attacked me during my 12th birthday party. I later threw up my dinner.
2. I love puzzles … crosswords, acrostics, cryptograms, sudoku ….
3. I once spent the night in the VIP quarters at Fort Leavenworth military prison.
4. I once held up Colin Powell at airport security (pre 9/11) because my belt set the alarm off and the security guy kept sending me back through. When we finally realized Powell was standing and waiting patiently behind me, we let him through.
5. I have observed two embalmings.
6. I went to 12 years of Catholic school. Though I made my share of mischief in high school, the most trouble I ever got into was for wearing the wrong socks. (They were a few shades lighter than our official hunter-green knee-highs, and they had a little rose on each ankle … horrors!).
7. If I had to do it all over again, I would totally go back to Catholic school. And I would totally wear those socks. I loved those socks! (Of course, this time, I'd avoid Mr. Trimble's hallway.)
8. I am ridiculously undomestic, except in early June, when I become a cherry-pitting, pie-baking maniac using sour cherries from the tree in our backyard. (In fact, I am baking our last pie of the season as I write this.)
Now I’m off to visit a few of my favorite blogs to try to do some tagging!