Friday, June 15, 2007

Re: Me

Jay Asher of The Disco Mermaids has tagged me for my blog’s first ever meme! The ground rules:

Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Coming up with eight things was harder than I expected. And I’m not even sure I know eight people, so the tagging part won’t exactly be a cakewalk either.

Anyway, here goes ... very random:

1. A swarm of wasps attacked me during my 12th birthday party. I later threw up my dinner.

2. I love puzzles … crosswords, acrostics, cryptograms, sudoku ….

3. I once spent the night in the VIP quarters at Fort Leavenworth military prison.

4. I once held up Colin Powell at airport security (pre 9/11) because my belt set the alarm off and the security guy kept sending me back through. When we finally realized Powell was standing and waiting patiently behind me, we let him through.

5. I have observed two embalmings.

6. I went to 12 years of Catholic school. Though I made my share of mischief in high school, the most trouble I ever got into was for wearing the wrong socks. (They were a few shades lighter than our official hunter-green knee-highs, and they had a little rose on each ankle … horrors!).

7. If I had to do it all over again, I would totally go back to Catholic school. And I would totally wear those socks. I loved those socks! (Of course, this time, I'd avoid Mr. Trimble's hallway.)

8. I am ridiculously undomestic, except in early June, when I become a cherry-pitting, pie-baking maniac using sour cherries from the tree in our backyard. (In fact, I am baking our last pie of the season as I write this.)

Now I’m off to visit a few of my favorite blogs to try to do some tagging!

8 comments:

rilla jaggia said...

One embalming -- interesting, maybe, if you're writing a book on rebirth, mummies, hauntings...or Egypt.
Two embalmbings -- come on, that's just kinky ;)
I love puzzles too, got to, have to do those 4 sudokus before I can officially say my day has begun and I'm awake.
I think we need a bit of show with the tell, how about pics of the rosy socks and the alarming belt ;)

LindaBudz said...

Ah, if only that belt still fit....

Re: the embalmings, yeah, I was nervous about including that one. Pretty macabre. They were interesting, though.

Terrie Farley Moran said...

Linda, I need more info re: Leavenworth! ;)

And I would also do my twelve years of Catholic school over again. I only wish I had borrowed your socks. Terrie

gail said...

Thanks for tagging me, but since I just did this (June 1st post) I'm going to let you read what I already blogged. Don't know if I can come up with 8 more things anyone would want to read about.

I couldn't do your #5. No way. But cherry pie! That sounds, yummy right about now.

LindaBudz said...

Terrie, suffice to say, Leavenworth is by far the nicest prison I've been in, and I've been in a quite a few.

Armando, thanks for the heads up re: Shendoku.

Gail, I'm an idiot ... your "8 things" meme was the first post I ever read on your blog and was in fact how I found you. Sorry about the re-tagging!

elysabeth said...

I've been tagged and still haven't posted my blog.

Your embalming remark reminded of an afternoon I spent in the ER observing people when my father was in the service and was a "medic" (I was only in 8th grade - so guess that is one for my meme - lol - now to come up with 7 more things - Will do that right away; so come on over and check out my blog later today - E :)

Stephanie J. Blake said...

I would love to observe an embalming...and perhaps a reconstruction.

Does that make me weird?

LindaBudz said...

Er, yes, I think it officially does make you weird. But we writers tend to be a weird lot, eh?

(Why am I writing like a Canadian? Andie, you must must be wearing off on me!)