Sunday, September 16, 2007

Can We Use "Ze" in Scrabble?

I love words, and I love word puzzles. My mystery series includes word puzzles, in fact.

Scrabble is a different story. Though rearranging a bunch of random letters into words is right up my alley, the frustration of sometimes not being able to form a word, combined with the often unbearable wait for others to form their words, pretty much sucks the fun right out of the game for me.

Still, this Scrabble video by Ze Frank ranks as one of my all-time favorite things on the Internet. Whether you love Scrabble or loathe it, I have a feeling you'll enjoy. (Warning: Some mildly adult language!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a hilarious video! Thanks for sharing. Your series has me curious . . . word puzzles?

Kimberly Lynn

LindaBudz said...

Hi, Kimberly Lynn! I've watched it a half dozen times and still laugh out loud each time.

And ... yes, word puzzles. But I don't really like to talk about it. Not so much paranoia as superstition. Someday, when I have a contract in hand...

Danette Haworth said...

Oh, my gosh! I love Scrabble, I come from a Scrabble family, and I love this video! Hilarious! It made me laugh out loud alone in my office. I going to email it to my sister and brother!

LindaBudz said...

Glad you liked it! That's guy's a freakin' genius!

Danette Haworth said...

Okay, I can't tell you how many times I've watched this video today! My sister and brother emailed me back INSTANTLY because we are a Scrabble family and this guy knows Scrabble!

elysabeth said...

Did I miss something? The video was short and didn't seem all that funny at all. Must have just been me. But I did watch the superbowl video that came after (the icon with the eye to see more) - that is really raunchy adult material but it was funny - that guy is spastic and has way too much time on his hands to come up with these videos - lol

anyway - thanks for sharing - E :)

LindaBudz said...

Hmm, OK, so maybe it's NOT for everyone. Interesting! I'll have to check out the Super Bowl one.

Ze did the videos as some sort of weird project where he produced one video each day for a year. That was a while ago, so he hasn't done any in a long time, but they are all still archived on the site. Some are funny, some are sentimental, some are serious commentary, etc.